Premier Partners: Harned Tobacco Shack, Waupaca Foundry, Inc, Ricky Bennett & Son Trucking & Wrecker Service, Hacker Excavating, JE Services – Joe Elkins, Mast Insulation, Crist Painting and Sandblasting
Saturday, June 17
Check in and set up begins at 8 AM CT
Judging at 6:30 PM CT
Meat to be cooked and presented: Boston Butt and a whole chicken
1. All teams pay $30 Entry fee for the contest
2. A team is considered a cook and no more than 2 persons to assist. Anyone beyond that number will need to purchase a $10 fair ticket to be present.
3. Check in and set up will begin Saturday June 18th at 8:00 AM CT
4. All contest meats will be inspected prior to cooking by either a judge or the Cook off Chairman. Must be vac sealed or packaged from the grocery store with no holes or tears. No prior injections or marinades. Non inspected meats will not be allowed in the contest. No pre-cooked meat will be allowed in the contest. Aluminum foil is allowed during cooking, but is not allowed on entry tray. Entry Trays will be provided to each participant.
5. Awards will be given to first, second, and third place based on presentation, taste and tenderness. Trophies and any cash awards will be given during the announcement of the winners.
6. Each team will be responsible for having their contest meat at the judging station at the designated time. Contestants will draw for judging order at that time. One plated presentation will be required for judging – please include enough meat for three judges. Judging will begin at 6:30 pm cst.
The chicken will be presented as a combination of white and dark meat. It will be the contestants choice as to what part of the chicken they will use. Just remember- 1 plate – 3 judges.
There will be 25 small sample cups handed out to be filled after main presentation is made and turned in to the coordinator. This will be tasted by 25 anonymous fairgoers and voting will be cast for “Fan Favorite”. Your judging order number will not be the same as your sample number.
8. You may not SELL any cooked meat during fair hours unless you are already set up as a vendor at our event.
9. Contest Chairman reserves the right to amend or make additional regulations, as situations may warrant.
*Limited to the first 15 teams – pre registration is not necessary but highly encouraged to reserve your spot!*
Jaclyn Walden 270-547-1449 or firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister.