Saturday, June 19
Check in and set up begins at 6 a.m.
Judging at 6 p.m.
1. All teams pay $30 Entry fee for the contest
2. A team is considered a cook and no more than 2 persons to assist. Anyone beyond that number will need to purchase a $10 fair ticket to be present.
3. Check in and set up will begin Saturday June 20th at 6:00 am
4. All contest meats will be inspected prior to cooking by either a judge or the Cook off Chairman. No prior injections or marinades. Non inspected meats will not be allowed in the contest. No pre-cooked meat will be allowed in the contest. No sauce or garnish may be added to entries at judging time. Sauce may be used during cooking, but not poured on during presentation. Aluminum foil is allowed during cooking, but is not allowed on entry tray.
5. Awards will be given to first, second, and third place. Trophies and any cash awards will be given during the announcement of the winners.
6. Each team will be responsible for having their contest meat at the judging station at the designated time. There will be 50 small sample cups and three plated presentations due from each team. Meat will be judged at 6:00 pm, unless otherwise specified.
7. 50 people randomly chosen from the crowd will conduct a vote based on small cup samples. A panel of three judges will also be present to cast their vote or to break a tie.
8. You may not SELL any cooked meat during fair hours unless you are already set up as a vendor at our event.
9. Contest Chairman reserves the right to amend or make additional regulations, as situations may warrant.
*Limited to the first 20 teams – pre registration is not necessary but highly encouraged to reserve your spot!*
Jaclyn Walden 270-547-1449 or email@example.com to preregister.